When connecting to VMWare esxi hosts you get the following error:
You do not hold privilege system > view on folder
This issue occurs if the Lockdown mode is enabled. When enabled it prevents users and processes from accessing the ESXi hosts.
To resolve this issue, disable the Lockdown mode from the ESXi console.
- To enable or disable Lockdown mode from the DCUI:
- Log directly in to the ESXi host.
- Open the DCUI on the host.
- Press F2 for Initial Setup.
- Press Enter to toggle the Configure Lockdown Mode setting.
- To enable or disable Lockdown mode from the vSphere Web Client:
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under System, select Security Profile.
- In the Lockdown Mode panel, click Edit.
- Click Lockdown Mode and select one of the lockdown mode options.